Monday, May 8, 2017

Time spent in Beulah

I was starting to feel a little like I've been putting off going back on the road, considering how long I've been in Beulah.

Then I realized how much I've gotten done while I'm here. And I looked at it another way.

 Here's my new outlook: I took off for the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous (RTR) almost totally unprepared. I was standing at my storage unit in Co. Springs just tossing things into my trailer that I thought I might need. My bed was not even set up. My cargo trailer was literally hauling a bunch of cargo.

Jan 10, when I arrived at the RTR, was my first night that I slept in my trailer. In order to do that, I had to unload most everything in the trailer. For almost the next 2 months, I endured snarky comments about "yard sales", and "garage sales".

But since being here in Beulah, I realized that unlike a lot of "full-timers", I didn't work on the trailer until I was ready to venture out on the road. I was forced by circumstances (being laid-off and not being able to afford my apt) to hit the road and work on my trailer while I was out there.

So, letting myself off of the hook, What I had done was this: I stuck my toe in the water, then jumped in. I found out what I think I need to do with my trailer, and I've been doing it while I'm here in Beulah. So, I've been taking a break from the road. But I haven't been taking a break in any other regard. I'll post a list of what I've accomplished below.

 But I now know what I want to do , I have collected some tools (like a table saw and bench grinder), I've learned more about cutting holes in the side of my trailer, and how to put up shelves with less weight and more strength. I REALLY want to learn to weld, because I've cut steel using my grinder, but have attached them to things with bolts and nuts. A nice spot weld pr two would be even better.

 As ALWAYS, a BIG thank you to Weldon and his cousin Debbie for letting me stay here!!!!

You folks have been amazing!!!

  Things acommplished: 
• Moved out of Storage Unit
• put rack on topper
• put Fan-tastic vent in roof
• took original  paneling down and demystified interior of trailer
• put window in side-wall
• re-paneled (still WIP) side wall
• added insulation side walls (still WIP)
• made fold-away bed (still WIP)
• added batteries and redid hold-downs
 Strengthened inside wall with steel where tie-downs are held
 (with a lot of use of my grinder to cut the steel!  :)  )

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP