Sunday, November 5, 2017

Post-Court Date activities

I drove back to Colorado as soon as I got my October SSA check.  Went to courthouse, made a court-date for Nov 1.


I had decided I wanted to go to "The Wave" , a place just south of Kanab, UT.

That was taken care of 11/1 and I headed out on 11/2... got to Mesa Verde the first night.

Drove to Page, AZ next day. Most unique landscape I had seen in my life, I think.

Here's the results:
https://www.blm.gov/az/paria/hikingcalendar.cfm?areaid=2

Page is on Lake Powell.

ATT barely works , even in town.  No data service at campsite.
Misplaced JetPack.

Passenger side of trailer tire worn almost bald on outside edge of tread.  Called Kelly.
Bad axle, wheel bearing?  Going to take to Mechanic , Monday, 11/6 ...

I like Page ... and my campsite.  May have to stay till 23, next payday.

The "Wave" requires a permit, which is allotted via a lottery.  They only allow 20 people a day to go in. When I logged in to try to get a permit , I found it was booked for 4 months out.
Clearly , you don't just drive up!  So, I abandoned my plans to do that. 

Page to Flagstaff

I drove to Flagstaff next.  I got there in the dark.  I decided to just park a long the frontage road , as I saw quite a few Semi's and smaller vehicles parked there.  They looked like they were parked for the night.  It was pretty noisy, since it was right by the Interstate.  

Next day I headed toward Lake Havasu City. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP