Tuesday, December 26, 2017

North, South or East?


Now that Christmas is over and New Year's Eve holiday weekend, the partiers are starting to move in.  Add to that the RUMOR that the BLM is going to start handing out tickets, I'm getting my stuff ready to leave. 

The closest easiest place to go is Parker, AZ; about 45 miles North of here.  I would like to spend New Year's Eve somewhere I don't have to contend with idiots on 4-wheel ATV's.
The Walmart in Parker allows overnight stays.  I'm thinking about staying there New Year's Eve.  It won't be quiet, but that's ok. 

I could go East in the general direction of Show Low, but it's pretty cold at night there.
I would like to at least walk the property before I buy it!  :)

Then there's Yuma.  South ... it's about 10 degrees warmer there, and there are plenty of places to camp, and 4 Walmarts, 2 Home Depots, a Lowes and a Harbor Freight.  A boondockers dream.  Now if you're one of those boondockers who wants to be as far away from the things of man as you can get... No, it's not.  But it's Southern AZ.  There are many many places that are "Miles from Nowhere".... Lots of choices.  Especially if you like the heat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP