Monday, March 12, 2018

Summary and Evaluation of my first year on the road

A year ago today, I spent my first night sleeping in my cargo trailer at the 2017 RTR.
It's been a crazy year. I lost Taz, spent 12 hours in jail for forgetting to pay a ticket, got kicked out of 2 National Forests in CO, bent my trailer axle.
I also made some friends, a lot of acquaintances, learned a lot , saw a lot of cool places.
I'm thanking God, my family and friends, Bob Wells and Jaime from Enigmatic Nomadics, Jimindenver I especially thank God for his protection and keeping me company. I always felt like the Best Friend of all was with me, keeping me company and providing an ear to listen .
My goal was to stick it out for a year. If I hated it at the end of the year, I would do something else. Well, I'm hooked. I love it.
In fact, I still start laughing for no apparent reason; largely because I'm no longer working for 2 of the stupidest corporations to ever exist. [Image: 1f603.png] yuk, yuk.

Thanks to everybody.


[Note: if you have a problem with me talking about God , insert your own favorite deity.  Or lack thereof.  I'm expressing my feelings.  Smile )

I posted the following on my FB page 2/26 


A little more serious now:
I've been thinking a lot about future and past lately.   One thing I've realized is that this last year, with all of the crazy stuff that's happened to me; has been the best 12 months of my life.

I feel right now, even after almost setting myself, my trailer, and my wonderful dog Lacy,on fire, fantastic. There are now, and always will be , challenges. Things that make me wonder what the hell I'm doing. But I believe and know in my heart, that God is watching out for me.
But if I were to cross that bridge tonight, I would have no regrets. I would feel bad for those people who would miss me, but would feel like I've had a great life.
And that the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP