Sunday, February 19, 2017

Got a summer job!



I followed the information provided on Bob Wells forum (cheaprvliving.com)  and his YouTube channel "CheapRV Living" and looked for a campground host job from California Land Management.  I went to their website and found several campgrounds that appealed to me. 
I applied for jobs at 2 of them.  They are in Inyo National Forest, just east of Yosemite.  They are both at about 10000 feel elevation and have no hookups.  That is no electric, water or sewer service that most RV's rely on.   So, it caters mostly to campers, which is just fine with me. 

It does have pit toilets, so I will need to get my very own Hazmat suit.  That is, one of my responsibilities will be clean up.  YUK.  Hence, the respirator and Hazmat suit.  :) 

The job is stated as Mid-June through October, depending on the weather.  In other words, it could start later and/or end earlier.  Still , Yosemite is on my bucket-list, and there are miles and miles of hiking trails around there...

So, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager this afternoon.  He offered me a job, and I gladly accepted! 

I think I'm going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP