Wednesday, January 17, 2018

NOT Going to the RTR. Why?

NOT Going to the RTR.  Why?

Not sure if anyone cares, but I'm going to put it in "black and white" (virtual). 

There was a little broo hah hah down in the area where Jimindenver camped.  As usual, Jim had a group of camp followers .  An incident occurred where one of the followers threatened to spray someone's dog with bear spray.  Later they tried to de-escalate, but forgot to remove the thread where this statement was made:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was advised to carry bear spray to protect my kitten....I pass that advice to you...Carry bear spray if you have to protect the yorkies.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=28155&pid=354654#pid354654

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said that "Do NOT spray my dog with bear spray.  Just DON'T". 

Several people jumped all over me in that thread.  Especially RoamingKat, Geogentry and Headache.  (I will keep mentioning their name until I get a cease and desist order... which will involve time in court for EVERYONE involved). 

Then there was the thread where rumors and gossip started going nuts.  "The BLM is going to start enforcing the 14 day limit"... No one bothered to go out and ask other campers if they had talked to the BLM rangers.  I did;  only one guy had. 

I drove down to Ehrenberg Sunday 1/14/18,  to see what was the story.  Several campers who were there when I left are still there.  So, it was just a bunch of rumors.

I felt like I had had enough .  The CheapRVliving.com forum was initially the source of much information and inspiration for me.  It seems to me that it has turned into Facebook, or AOL.
I do not want to be associated with them. 

I STILL think the world of Bob Wells and several members, especially Highdesertranger and masterplumber.  There are others as well, but I don't want this to sound like an award ceremony. 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Pat, I hope things are going better now. You know I haven't been on the forums much lately, and posting even less. In fact I noticed on the "other" forum I checked a couple threads tonight and the last time I had been on there was almost a month ago. Like you, I like many that I've met on there, but just don't seem to connect much anymore. Your comment made it apparent why - it feels a little too much like Facebook anymore. Even on Facebook I rarely spend much time on the news feed and just check in on a couple groups. Just tired of the drama I think. Hopefully I'll get out west later this year, and if you get back to the Springs lets definitely share a meal or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would very much like to " break bread" with you.
    Hopefully sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP