Saturday, February 24, 2018

What's Next - Feb 2018


To be honest, this post is mainly for me to put down on "paper" my thoughts. 

Move stuff in Storage Unit

My primary philosophy has been : "If I haven't need it in the last year, I don't need it". 
Almost all my books fall into that category.  I no longer have space for a library. If I ever really did.  Many books sat on the shelf and never moved. 

Get rid of all but tools and camping stuff?  Probably.  There is a Goodwill Donation Center right next to my Storage Facility.  I might be able to get them to come by with a truck.   

Keep my Jeep?  I really want to.  There are so many places that I could ride it out here in Arizona.  But I don't NEED it.  I just WANT it. 

My tools (wish I had them right now) include a table saw, several types of saws, and other power tools and hand tools.  These are close to a necessity for me to finish my trailer.  I also have a guitar and mandolin, a desktop computer (real high-end , good for editing video files), some guns; hunting rifle, muzzleloader . 

If I move what I haven't given to Goodwill , where will I move it to?  

Where will I stay while I do this?  It will take a few days, I'm sure. There are NO boondocking sites in or near Co Springs.  I will NOT spring for an hotel room. Earlier this year, I could camp at the southernmost WalMart overnight.  

When to do this?  It will start warming up here soon.  Colorado weather is so unpredictable 

Find place to settle as a permanent homebase?

Two of my friends have bought an acre or 2 of land just East of Show Low, AZ.  They have suggested that I should do the same.  It's in Apache County, and they're at 6000 ft elevation, making it a great Summer home.  

I've been looking very seriously about establishing residency in South Dakota.  It is the easiest state to make a permanent residence out of.  Really cold in Winter, but wonder what the rest of the year would be like. 

Campground host job.

I have been offered and accepted a position in Sierra National Forest as a campground host.  I believe that starts in May.  

Lots of decisions to make, and I'm spending most of my time resting up right now.  

1 comment:

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP