Saturday, October 14, 2017

Crown King Road, AZ.

I had left Southern AZ, where I was checking out an RV Park called Coyote Howls Campground.   It's huge attraction is it's price, and the size of the spaces.  They charge $550/year for a space. 

But it was ~100 degrees F, and I headed back north, to try to find some elevation.  North of Phoenix, I17 starts to climb toward Flagstaff (which is 7000 ft and above , thus much cooler).  I got to about 3000 feet, noticed it had cooled off quite a bit, and it was getting toward sunset.  I had very little money in my bank account, so I decided I would have to find a camping spot. 

I was in the general vicinity of where roads head toward Prescott to the west, and went to freecampsites.net to look for a place to spend the night.

I found this entry on that website:

https://freecampsites.net/#!3979&query=sitedetails

This is for Crown King Road boondock. 

I found a nice place here.  I'm on top of a hill, and loving it.  It is very pleasant, temperature-wise.  It DOES get hot during the day, but if I sit in the shade, it is very comfortable. 
I believe I will stay here the whole 14 days. 

Here's a view toward the West, from my campsite.

Image may contain: mountain, sky, plant, grass, nature and outdoor




No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP