Friday, October 6, 2017

FSR 518 ... Favorite spot yet

I'm on Forest Service Road (FSR) 518 in Coconino National Forest.  This is one of the nicest spots I've stayed in since I hit the road 10 months ago.  So far, it's my favorite. 
Very dispersed... one other camper on the other side of the meadow. 

It's hunting season, so there's some traffic from people hunting.  Still very quiet and private.
Which is what I prefer.  I DO like people, and love to talk and even listen at times!  But I prefer solitude the most. 

This is off of exit 190 on I40 West.  Take the first dirt road to your left as soon as you get off of the exit.  Then about 3 miles on a dirt road.  Then there's a large meadow on your left.
Perfect alignment for my solar and trailer.  I like to have the front of the trailer pointing West, and as much sun exposure as possible.  When I park it like that, the door and the window by my bed is on the North side of the trailer, so no direct sunlight on that side.

This is the cleanest camping spot in a National Forest I've seen yet.  Much better than the 2 in Colorado I've stayed at.  They're pigsties compared to this .... haven't seen a single diaper yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being , I will NOT be moderating comments.

WP